Abdominal Etching Surgery
Everything You Need to Know About Ab Etching Your Six-Pack
Would you agree that a must-have for a well-defined physique is washboard abs? But even fit men and women can struggle with stubborn fat, and the six-pack for men and the four-pack for women is elusive.
No matter how many sit-ups you do or how healthy you eat, that stubborn layer of abdominal fat that conceals the abdominal muscles and the definition hiding underneath does not go away. If it seems impossible to get that fantastic definition of those abdominal muscles, now you can with an abdominal etching procedure.
Abdominal etching is one of the most sought-after surgical procedures today with high-definition liposuction and VASER technology. Ab etching uses a more "layered" version of surgical liposuction to remove resistant fat cells and emphasize the ab muscles.
VASER is one of the only advanced liposuction techniques that can offer authentic etching. Why? Because it's the only liposuction that addresses both the deep fat and superficial fat layers. Once the deep layer of fat is suctioned, a talented surgeon can etch away the fat covering your six-pack abs or four-pack for the ladies, revealing your natural muscle definition.
- The process begins with determining and marking where the fat deposits are to be suctioned
- A small cannula is inserted into the skin to inject a tumescent saline solution that helps numb the area and lift the skin so the fat is more accessible.
- The surgeon then creates small incisions to insert ports for the cannula or tube used to remove the fat
- Once the deep fat has been removed, the surgeon can carefully access the superficial fat layer covering the ab muscles and gently "etch" away the fat layer covering the natural muscle definition to reveal the ab contours.
Because VASER ultrasound-assisted liposuction can access both layers of fat and is less traumatic than other methods, more healthy fat can be removed with less bruising and pain. Abdominal etching can be done alone or with other cosmetic surgeries like breast augmentation, tummy tucks, mommy makeovers, or BBLs.
Triple board-certified surgeon Dr. Mustafa Ahmed at Las Vegas High Definition Liposuction is delighted to offer this minimally invasive procedure, ab sculpting with state-of-the-art VASER HD liposuction technology.
Get the defined abs you deserve in one day.
Abdominal Etching Liposuction Procedure: What You Can Expect
Ab etching, done as a standalone procedure, will take about 1.5 - 3 hours, on average.
- On the day of your surgery, your doctor will put markings on the areas of your abdomen to be sculpted.
- A foam dressing that compliments the markings will then be contoured to your body under your after-surgery compression dressing.
- Once in the surgical suite, depending on your preference and your doctor’s recommendation, general or local anesthesia will be administered.
- The next step for the abdominal etching surgery is to inject the treatment area with a saline solution to swell the target areas. The purpose of this is to numb the treatment area, help access the fat layer while shrinking blood vessels to help minimize bleeding.
- Then, the doctor makes tiny incisions and inserts ports to remove the fat deposits. The cannula pumps out fluid and fat deposits. The liposuction ports remain throughout surgery to drain fat, fluid, and a small amount of blood.
- The tiny incisions are stitched and dressed, leaving a near-invisible scar later.
- A compression garment and the foam fashioned pre-surgery are put in place to ensure that the etching continues to form and to push some remaining softened fat out through your lymph system.
- You will have 3-6 lymphatic drainage massages after your surgery. These massages are necessary to help your body maintain and set your new contours.
- You need to keep the defining foam garment on for about a week and the compression garment on for approximately 4 weeks, taking it off only to wash it and shower. Your doctor will give you your specific instructions.
What Are the Benefits and RIsks of Abdominal Etching?
This procedure offers many benefits, including sculpting the waist area, removing stubborn pockets of fat, tightening the midsection, and improving your silhouette in clothing. It's ideal for people who want to tone their bodies and polish their ab muscles.
The number one reason patients undergo this procedure is to have a chiseled, sculpted abdominal 6-pack for men and 4-pack for women. But abs take crazy dedication to achieve, and the truth of the matter they are hard to maintain. As your body matures, this is especially true.
The benefit comes down to strategically defining your naturally resting muscle. By using VASER liposuction, a talented surgeon can do just that.
And for men, to get that all-over, natural look, abdominal sculpting should include the oblique muscles that can be hidden under particularly stubborn love handles.
Liposculpture, is possible using VASER HD liposuction and ab etching is one of the benefits of this method!
Although no surgical procedure is without risks, abdominal etching is considered low risk. The risks are"
Your doctor must know all prescription and over-the-counter medications and supplements to ensure you stop taking any that could increase your risk of bleeding.
It is essential to discuss all risks with your surgeon associated with liposuction and anesthesia.
How Long Does It Take to See Ab Etching Results?
When abdominal etching is performed using the Gold-Standard VASER technique, it does take a few days for the swelling to go down and for the muscle definition to become apparent. Final results can take as much as two - threee months to see full definition when all swelling goes down.
Recovery from Ab Etching
Your total recovery after your procedure has critical steps to be followed to ensure the results match your expectations:
- Proper after-surgery garments care and wear
- Keeping your body clean to help prevent infection
- Lymphatic massages
- Adjustments in diet to maximize healing and prevention of additional inflammation and swelling
The stitches are removed five to seven days after surgery.
Your surgeon will provide two garments. One is a special foam garment to ensure the definition of the ab area as your body heals and the remaining softened fat returns to normal. The foam garment is worn for at least the first week. On top of the foam will be a second compression garment, which you will wear for up to four weeks.
Most people go back to work after one week. Swelling takes two to four months to dissipate and reveal your new, final contours.
Are Results of Ab Etching Permanent? Do I Need To Repeat?
Patients always want to know how long they can expect their results to last? Abdominal etching is a permanent procedure for most people.
What makes it so lasting? One of the huge benefits of liposuction is that once fat cells are removed from your body, they are not replaced.
Of course there is a caveat. For men who want to maintain their six-pack and women who want to keep their four-pack, thoughtful diet and exercise are necessary.
If you gain or lose a consequential amount of weight, your results will be affected. You should not need to have abdominal sculpting repeated unless you gain a significant amount weight. If your weight is unstable, this procedure is not recommended.
Who Is The Ideal Candidate For Ab Etching?
Abdominal etching is best for patients with:
- Overall good overall health
- Have less than 25% body fat
- Have decent abdominal strength
- Have minimal loose skin | good skin elasticity
- Are non-smokers
If you smoke, you must quit several weeks before and after surgery. Smokers are prone to bleed more and have an increased risk of infection. Many surgeons do a blood test just before surgery to ensure no nicotine in your system for their patient's safety.
It is essential to be realistic about your expectations and to maintain a healthy lifestyle to prolong the results.